Our eLearning consultancy targets companies, institutions and organizations seeking to adopt a comprehensive eLearning program to provide training to those in its ranks who wish to undertake studies for self-improvement/progress but cannot be able to present themselves for the face-to-face training sessions in walled classrooms.
Our advice tips our clients on how to roll off an eLearning solution that is flexible, scalable and easy to upgrade to the changing requirements in the near or distant future including the financial estimates for the same. Usually, the solution we propose consists of three key items, namely,
Content Digitization and Development– We convert existing training materials into e-learning format that is easy to access and navigate, engaging, interactive, comprehensive, straightforward and quick and fun to use.
The provision of an eLearning Management System (LMS) – We design and develop an eLearning platform where the converted and developed courses are housed and managed. The LMS integrates many extensions that are suitable for our clients as per their demand.
Our consultancy package also includes the provision of comprehensive Training and Support to the staff responsible for managing the eLearning system.
Offline Digital Course Packs (DCP): For our clients who have internet access challenges, we offer them one of our innovative solutions which enables students to carry the courses on their computers (be they Desktops or Laptops) via DCPs. The DCPs are produced using an advanced technology which enables compression and encryption of the converted content. The LMS experience is mimicked such that the learner gets the same feel and effect as if they were logged onto the internet. The converted course has all the required enhancements including Voice-overs, playback, illustrators and animations as if it were online.
With the proposed solution, one or several students can take specific training via the eLearning system, anytime, anywhere so long as they have access to a computer. With this solution, it is no longer necessary to wait for a certain number of trainees (quorum) before training is provided.
based on recognized and appropriate learning theories.
Engaging, easy to access, quick to use, comprehensive, straightforward, slick, fun – these are all pointers we consider.
The detailed e-Learning process involves the design and development of various interactive objects like;
1.Audio enabled and animated display, flash animations learning objects, interactive exercises/quizzes,
2.Graphic & Images (2D & 3D), Notes (PDF tutorial for instructor-led support), glossary, computerized tests and assessments,
3.Interactive 3D & virtual objects, mind-play objects and interactive games among many more.
The content areas have included technical skills, procedural skills, new hire orientation, soft skills, customer care and system simulations, business and mechanical.
Therefore, whether your course is custom-developed from scratch or starts with off-the-shelf components, Octopus Custom e-Content Development Services will create quality e-learning courseware for your institution.
Existing courses are modified to meet your organizational needs, repurpose your existing instructor-led training or build a custom solution based on your vision and training goals.
- Creating and Managing Content: Adding Content to the Learning Management System. The first thing most clients want to do when they create a course in the Octopus Learning Management System is add some content, such as a syllabus or a course outline.
- Managing and Updating Your Content: Uploading content is only half the work of content management in Octopus Learning Management Systems. You’ll need to ensure that your uploaded content is current, and you’ll occasionally want to replace or delete files. Fortunately, our LMS has some useful features to help you manage your content once it’s on the server.
- Effective Content Practices: There are a few effective practices that can make life easier for the administrator and your students. First, there are file format tricks to ensure your students can download and use your content. Second, make sure the bit size of your files is as small as it can be, so your students won’t grow old waiting to download tomorrow’s lecture notes. Third, there are creative ways to use static content in your courses to help you and your students succeed.
- Managing Your Class
- Understanding and Using Roles: The new roles and permissions system in our LMS provides you with a huge amount of flexibility for managing how students and other people interact with your course. It allows you to create and customize roles, and to change what a given role can do in each activity. For example, you can now create permissions in individual forums, which allows you to let students act as moderators in one forum while you retain the moderator role in all of the other forums in your course.
- Student Groups: Our LMS has an unusual but effective way of managing small student workgroups within your course. You can define groups at the course level, then set each activity to a group mode or leave it available to everyone. The group mode you choose may also determine the behavior of the module. Think of groups as a filter. If you are a member of a group within a course, and an activity is set to group mode, the LMS will filter out any work from anyone who is not part of your group. You are all looking at the same activity, but you can’t interact with anyone who is not in your group.
- Backups: After spending a lot of time setting up your course and delivering it to your students, You’ll want to make sure you don’t lose your work. Fortunately, Octopus Learning Management System gives you a backup tool to create archives of your courses. Backups can also be used to copy course resources and activities from one course to another.
- Restoring and Copying Courses: Your backup ZIP file can be restored to create a new course or to copy activities into an existing course.
- Reports: Once your course is up and students are working, 0ur Learning Management System provides you with detailed logs and participation reports of student activity.
- Forums, Chats, and Messaging: Forums are a powerful communication tool within the Octopus Learning Management System course. Think of them as online message boards where an instructor and a learner can post messages to each other while easily keeping track of individual conversations. Forums are the primary tool for online discussion and are the central organizing feature in the social course format.
We also offer training and support services to our clients after deployment of the eLearning solution. We train the personnel who will be in charge of managing and maintaining the system. The training to be provided includes:
How to navigate the eLearning platform
Adding content/courses to the platform
Adding and deleting users
Setting up examinations